Do you or someone you know suffer from any of these symptoms?
- Neck pain/headaches
- Jaw dysfunction
- Lower back pain
- Pelvic complaints
- Abdominal complaints
- Misshapen skull or plagiocephaly
- Mid-back pain
- Sporting injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Poor concentration
- Pregnancy aches and pains.
If so, chiropractic care may be the solution to your discomfort. A Chiropractic adjustment is scientifically proven to be a safe and effective method to treat your joints and allow your nervous system to work freely and thus relieve symptoms.
What does a Chiropractor do?
The primary function of a chiropractor is to improve the nervous system which is the major control centre of the body by correcting joint dysfunction.
Joint dysfunction is a health matter that manifests in skeletal joints and usually affects the nervous system. It can lead to pain and reduced function. Through complex anatomical and physiological relationships within the body, joint dysfunction affects the nervous system, thus causing an issue, pain, limited movement and other problems. The nervous system is how your body communicates with itself and therefore good nervous system health can mean better overall health.
Traditional chiropractic work knows that spinal joint dysfunction interferes with the body’s nervous systems function and therefore its’ innate intelligence. By working and adjusting joints, chiropractors relieve discomfort in painful areas and allow the nervous system to function optimally.
At HPC Chiropractic, we start by evaluating your health and asking about your condition and completing a thorough physical examination. This may involve watching you stand and move, feeling your spine, head and pelvis, and/or requesting x-rays.
We will then give you a run down of what treatment options we think would be ideal for you based on our diagnosis.
We will then make adjustments to your body where required in an appropriate way. These adjustments are, primarily to the head, neck, spine and pelvis. There are a number of different methods of adjustments that HPC uses including:
- Diversified technique – This is when the practitioner uses their hands to adjust or position the body. The practitioner may use gravity and the patients own weight for an adjustment
- Using mechanical instruments known as activators – there is no cavitation of the joint using this technique
- Sacro-Occipital Technique – Placing wedges under the body and using the body’s own weight
- Using specialised adjusting tables to assist with adjustments
- Gentle relieving pressure may be used on your skull with the practitioners hands
- Neuro Emotional Technique – this is a technique that is great stress relieving technique. Please see more at netmindbody.com
You may be adjusted while standing, sitting or lying down – it depends on your symptoms, age and health history and our best practice advice. Sometimes you can hear a clicking sound (known as a joint cavitation) as the spinal joints are adjusted, but this is usually painless. Our practitioners are trained to listen to your treatment preferences and balance these with the health outcomes you are looking for.
Special Health Considerations
If you have specific health conditions or other issues, we take them into account when deciding on your treatment. These assessments help us evaluate any special needs you may have to ensure your safety and comfort during treatment.
Issues may include:
- Previous traumas such as bone breaks/fractures, whiplash and sprains
- Any medical conditions such as circulation problems, cancer, arthritis, auto immune diseases, hereditary diseases
- Whether you are, or have recently been, pregnant
- Your body size
- Your age – whether you are young, elderly or frail
- The medication that you are taking
- Previous treatment, including operations.
Chiropractors are primary contact practitioners, which means we are trained to recognise when our treatment is appropriate and when a person needs to be referred to another healthcare practitioner.
NET (Neuro-Emotional Technique)
We may also choose to recommend NET (Neuro Emotional Technique) therapy. NET is an amalgamation of many chiropractic principles and utilises muscle testing, the physiology of emotions, pavlovian response, acupuncture meridian correlations, repetition compulsion, and memory and physiological response.
The primary goal of NET is to resolve mind-body stress either via spinal correction or active pulse points found through advanced diagnosis.
For more information go to www.netmindbody.com